Sunday, April 26, 2009

Thoughts on Twitter

I honestly like Twitter. I like reading other people's post and seeing how their day is going. I like to read up on pro athletes and see what their up to. I followed the first two rounds of the NFL Draft this weekend and I thought that was pretty neat. @sportscenter gave pick by pick analysis of the first two rounds including thoughts of the picks by former NFL player Merrill Hodge. When I do tweet, which is becoming more common by the day, I usually tweet on my thoughts of the "sport's world" or scores of games I am watching. It's easy for me to tweet or read other people's tweets because I use the TwitterFon application on my iPhone. It may not be the best Twitter app for the iPhone but it was FREE. I don't know if I would say I have tried to learn more about Twitter. I mostly get on, read tweets, tweet if I have something to say, and then just mess around with it until I get bored. I do love reading the tweets where you do see conversations develop and continue. For so a huge network that's pretty cool. The negative of Twitter is that you can only tweets up to 140 words, and sometimes I have a lot on my mind. I haven't quite figured out how a teacher would use Twitter, I'm sure there are tons of great ways, but I have yet to think of one. As far as me as a teacher using Twitter, I'm going into Physical Education so my technological options are limited, but overall I think Twitter is great and it will only continue to grow. Thank to Dr. Strange and Christina who have helped me discover and understand Twitter. Thanks everyone for their great tweets and all the insight.

No comments:

Post a Comment